Jersey Overseas Aid Commission (JOAC) ETAT+ Project
This is a collaborative initiative between Kenya Paediatric Association (KPA) through Kenya Paediatric Research Consortium (KEPRECON) and the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH) to design, deliver, monitor and evaluate the project entitled “Advancing Child Health in Kenya using ETAT+ hospital training and quality improvement” funded by the Jersey Overseas Aid Commission (JOAC).
- Delivery of six ETAT + training courses and one Generic Instructor Course (GIC). RCPCH will utilise its innovative ETAT+ e-learning platform to support these courses
- Implementation of ETAT + training, guidelines and quality improvement at referral level (Mbagathi District Hospital) and at four lower level health facilities based in Kibera.
- Mentorship to Mbagathi Hospital staff and Kibera slum healthcare workers on best practices using the Change theory/cycle of audits.
- Delivery of eighteen ETAT+ based CME sessions for Mbagathi Hospital staff and Kibera healthcare workers
- Mobilisation of hospital based health workers to engage with the community and create linkage/networks with community health facilities
- Establishment of referral pathways between community services and referral facilities to ensure that effective referrals occur.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the ETAT + interventions including data collection at hospital and community level to ensure that the programme is delivered to high standards. Data dissemination will occur through the KPA annual conference and other channels.
- Engagement with key decision makers such as the Ministry of Health to advocate for the replication of best practice and ensure the sustainability of the programme.
The following institutions have directly supported in capacity building of health care providers in Emergency Triage Assessment and Treatment Plus (ETAT+):
|Division of Child Health, MOH
|Imperial College- London
Royal college of Paediatrics & Child Health (RCPCH)
|KEMRI /Wellcome Trust Research Progamme
|Center for Public Health and Development
|University of Maryland (PACE Project)
|The Laura Case Fund
|General Electric Foundation (GE)
|International Rescue Committee (IRC)
|Sanofi East Africa
|The Jersey Overseas Aid Commission (JOAC)